Monday, October 3, 2011

Spiced Pumpkin Muffins

     My first pumpkin recipe post for fall, hooray! Spiced Pumpkin Muffins... these little guys are perfect for cold mornings with a cup of coffee or a tall glass of milk. Adam and I both LOVE these muffins! I had a base recipe for pumpkin muffins, but then I put my own spin on it and I got these! Pretty tasty :)



Spiced Pumpkin Muffins
1 cup pureed pumpkin (I used canned Libby pumpkin)
1 cup sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 eggs
1 teaspoon unsulfered molasses
1 2/3 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
powdered sugar for dusting

Bake at 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Makes about 24 muffins.


Gather your ingredients and get ready to cook!

In a large bowl place the oil, eggs, sugar, and pumpkin (I halved the recipe since it's just me and adam-- that's why you just see one egg.)

Next pour in the buttermilk...

and whisk to combine.

Oops! I forgot the molasses. Whisk that in too.

Now dump the flour, spices, salt, and baking soda into the bowl.

Whisk it till nice and smooth.

Scoop the batter into greased muffins tins. Bake for 15-18 minutes at 400 degrees.


"DING!" The timer went off! that means they are ready!




"Mom, are those for us?!"

"I'm afraid not children. These are for grown ups."


Remove the muffins from the pan and place on a wire rack.

Grab some confectioner's sugar and a sifter and get ready to make it snow!

Place about 1/4 cup of sugar into the sifter...

and make it snow on these pretty little muffins.

"Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow." Wrong season, o well.

Perfect! Of course you could always add more-- like I did after I turned the camera off.

Mmmmm...

Stay warm today friends! Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Rammer has such a grey beard! He deserves a muffin Momma. Nanny said there was snow in Boone, y'all might get some soon too. These look wonderful! I love pumpkin. Thanks for the recipe. Pray you have a great day too. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria I am definitly making these! I just love muffins. Rosie and Rammer look like they need just one! Have a great day! Hope the weather is beautiful there. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you mom! rachel! jane! love you!

    ReplyDelete