Tuesday, September 6, 2011

BBQ and the Drive-In, July 1, 2011

     During the summer Adam and I would find something new to do every day. One day he would choose, and the next day I would choose. Looking back at our trip to Due South BBQ and the drive-in I honestly cannot remember who chose! I think it was Adam, but I can't say for sure. Anyways, we both had such a great time that night. The food was delicious, and I had never been to a drive-in movie before. It was quite the experience!
     




I think this place needs to be on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. It's so cute, locally owned, and the food is delicious! We keep a bottle of their BBQ sauce in our refrigerator now.

Their menu is simple, but it has all you could ever want when it comes to BBQ. And their sides! Oh my goodness were they yummy!

They had a great 2-man-band playing that night.

My lifeblood- sweet tea.

They have 5 sauces. Left to right they are Hot Red, Sweet Red, Lexington, Sweet Brown, and Yellow. My personal favorites are Hot Red and Sweet Brown mixed. I think Adam agrees with me on that :)





OUR FOOD! *angelic angels singing "Ahhhhhhhhh"*



Adam ordered the pulled pork sandwich with potato salad, mac-n-cheese, and all plates come with hushpuppies.

I ordered half a rack of baby back ribs with sweet potato casserole and hushpuppies. They have a special glaze they put on the ribs that makes them extremely good. Plus, I smothered them with my mixture of sauces which made my mouth thank me even more.

This cute little piggy was painted by the front door.

Adam and I planned the night so we could have about 30-45 minutes to eat, and then we would drive to the movie. The drive-in is directly behind Due South BBQ so we didn't need to calculate in driving time. Our house is about 8 minutes or so from Due South, and about 5 minutes into our drive traffic started getting really heavy. Adam and I thought, "I wonder why there are so many cars out tonight?" When we got closer we could see cars were already lining up to get a spot at the drive-in. We could NOT rush that delicious meal, so when we were done eating I really didn't think we were going to get into the movie.

I took the next couple of pictures while we were waiting in line

Here is the back of the movie screen.

At this point I was praying, "please let us get in! please let us get in!" ... and we did! It turns out this place is HUGE! 


 We tuned our radio to 90.3FM and settled in for the movie. We enjoyed the experience of it all more than the movie because #1 it was still a little light outside and the picture wasn't clear on the screen until half an hour in, and #2 the movie started doing something strange halfway through and they didn't fix it for almost 10 minutes. AND when they did fix it they started it at the end which meant we missed almost a quarter of the movie. So, Adam and I just enjoyed spending time together. All-in-all it was a great night out!



1 comment:

  1. This sure brings back great memories. I'll never forget the drive-in movie theater in my hometown of Attalla. The first movie I ever went to see was Gone With the Wind with my mother, my friend Julie and her mother. And that BBQ and sweet potato casserole looked scrumptious. Have to visit next time we are there.

    ReplyDelete