Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Day in the Life of Rosie and Rammer

     When Adam and I decided to move one of our biggest decisions was where we would live. And by that I mean would we live in an apartment? a house? Because we have two dogs it was extremely hard to find a place big enough that also allowed pets. We so badly wanted to find a place with a yard, but we never found one that both fit in our budget, and was close to Adam's school. And so, we found a good sized town home, that has a nice back porch, and is reasonably priced. We got everything but the backyard. When we made the decision that the town home was where we would live we talked a good deal about making sure the dogs get exercise. Especially since little Rosie is a ball of energy and needs to expend that energy-- daily. And if she doesn't she paces. She paces up the stairs, through the living room, to the kitchen, back up the stairs... you get the idea. Play time is a necessity for her. Rammer, on the other hand, could sleep all day, and still be ready to go to bed at night. That isn't to say Rammer doesn't like to play, too. He does! He just needs a little encouragement. Kinda like in the morning time when Adam is getting dressed for school and I head down to the kitchen, I literally have to coax Rammer out of his bed. While Rosie, pops up the second I open the door, scurries down the stairs, and is waiting by the door to go outside.
     One way the dogs get exercise is by jogging with Adam and me-- but honestly, when I take the dogs running, we get back to the house and Rammer and I are plum tuckered out and Rosie is still raring to go. And plus, they still have to be on a leash when we go for a jog in the neighborhood. So I've started taking them to a park (and I've also taken them to a friends house that had a great backyard--Thanks Nikki!) where they can run as fast as they want, off the leash, and frolic and play until Rosie is laid out in the grass, tongue hanging out, and panting trying to catch her breath. That is their favorite! And I have to tell you it is mighty fun to watch them, too! Here are some pictures I snapped of them playing at the park:
Ready to play!

Rammer has a little ritual he must complete before he plays. He has to use the bathroom twice, mark all the trees and posts leading from the car to the field... and then he can play.

Here is a great action shot: Rammer the deer running at light speed and Rosie barking behind him trying to catch up.

Rammer took a little break in the shade.

Rosie takes NO breaks. She runs from one end of the field to the other until she cannot run anymore. That's when we get in the car and go home :)

Rosie also likes to chase after her purple monkey. Her monkey is her friend. She loves monkey. No one else can have monkey.



"MY MONKEY!" 
If you can't tell the shadow is me swinging the monkey high above her head.

And this is her taking her monkey. Don't mess with her monkey. If Rammer even looks at her monkey the wrong way she runs to the other end of the field with it.


Rammer got tired of trying to keep up with the Energizer Bunny and decided to take a little rest in the shade. Rammer is a sweet puppy that has been with me through thick and thin! He stole my heart from the second I saw him at that puppy store where they told me he was free to a good home (actually I think they were trying to pawn him off on anybody) because he had so many health problems. All of his health problems cleared up soon after we brought him home-- all he needed was a little love, and boy oh boy have I loved him. 

Rammer and Rosie love each other a lot, too! AND they love me and Adam more than words could say.


Oh! It looks like it's time to go home! Pretty Rosie :) She has a lot of energy, but you know what? She has the biggest heart, and just wants to be loved. I don't think I can fault her for that. Her big personality and energy get her in trouble sometimes, but she doesn't mean any harm. And boy does she love Adam! She misses him when he is gone, but when he is home her eyes light up and she showers him with kisses. Hmm... that kinda reminds me of someone else-- but who? ;) 

Thanks for reading! Have a great rest of the day!

3 comments:

  1. That was such a cute story about your sweet dogs. I love your Dogs and mine too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! They would love to run with our two and Rosie and Kacy's Ruby sound like they are an equal match!! Ruby NEVER quits and Kacy lives in a little 550 sft apt so she has to go to the dog park every day too! And those snowy winter days, yikes. Not fun having to take her out to potty. (Last year she said she wanted to get one of those wooden mats and put some fake grass down and just empty it. Ewww! Just put your boots on Kacy!

    ReplyDelete