Monday, September 19, 2011

Wilderness Trail Festival

     This past Saturday Adam and I went to a street festival called "The Wilderness Trail Festival." There was absolutely NOTHING "wilderness" or "trail" about it. But we didn't care. We just went to spend some time together out in the cool weather. And we absolutely accomplished that! Here are a few pictures I snapped...




Here is a picture of the street filled with vendors and people.

There was a blacksmith.

These pretty flowers were beside a table of jams and butters.

I have no idea what PawPaw butter is... I wish I had read the label now :(

And I have no idea what these are! If anyone reading this knows please comment and let me know!

There was also a wood worker at the festival.

He was making bowls out of whole pieces of wood.

This guy was a little creepy...

This might have been my favorite vendor. They sold amazingly wonderful scented potpourri. There is a shop in Highlands, NC, where Adam and I spend vacations with the Richardson's, that sells potpourri similar to this, but they don't have this many scents. And they aren't this pretty! All of these potpourris had neat little pinecones, pumpkins, flowers, orange rinds, and cinnamon sticks in them.

See how cute!

There was lots of neat fall art at the festival, too!

This vendor sold pork rinds... oh if only my daddy was here! We would have gone to town on a bag of these!


Our favorite BBQ place had a booth :)


As we were heading out we stopped by the antique store on the corner. This place is incredible. I could spend hours in here... and, actually, I have before!

Here we are headed home :) A great day in the great fall weather! Adam was so sweet to study extra hard that morning so we could spend this time together. AND he studied extra hard that night too! I love him so much and I am so proud of how hard he works!


Thanks for reading y'all!

4 comments:

  1. Pretty sure those are sunflowers. Casey says so. When he says so, it must be true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well I thought that might be what they are... but where are the petals? who knows... it sounds good to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Baby: Looks like ya'll had fun. My first thought was sunflowers too. I bet Nanny would know!!! She is a flower lady. I love you and miss you so much

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maria those look like sunflowers to me too. I wish I could have gone to that festival! I would have loved to buy some if that potpourri. Is there anyway I could still get some if the vender lives there? Love you both!

    ReplyDelete